Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Pearls Before the Swine

In article ,
says...
Once upon a time, I owned a Fiat. One of Italy's finest [fill in the
blank]. One cold, misty, and altogether miserable day, I was under the
car trying to fix something or other. The wrench slipped off the bolt
and I crunched a knuckle or two on some unforgiving piece of steel. Now
I am rubbing dirt and grease into my wounds to staunch the bleeding
while my mouth is expressing my dismay in some of my finest, most
obscene curses of the car, the day and my bad luck. Some motion caught
my eye and I turned to the side to see two pairs of nicely shined shoes
and the bottoms of well pressed trousers. I rolled out from under the
car to snarl at two JWs with eyes like saucers and mouths agape. One
finally found his voice long enough to apologize for their bad timing.
I said something like "no ****, Little Beaver" and they hurried off.
Made the day a little better.
no more Fiats,
jo4hn

Boy, that brings back a few memories. I used to own a Fiat X-1/9.
Beautiful car, loads of fun to drive, but boy, oh boy, there were some
elements of *dumb* design there.

I agree, no more Fiats. FIAT = Fix It Again Today. Fix It Again
Tomorrow.

Which one did you have?