Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default aerators on faucets

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:25:56 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:38:19 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

As I was just washing my hands, I noticed that the sink water comes
out bubbly. I've used a few over the years, where the water came out
clear.

Other than the "savings" from lower flow, is there any other advantage
to bubbly water for hand washing. Instead of clear water?

Would it work as well if I had a simple non-aerating faucet which
delievered clear water?

It causes more suds when washing dishes by hand (if you add soap
before the sink is full). Suds have little or no function except to
overflow the sink and make a mess, but people want them anyway. I

ttHAts what I read too. The original clothes detergents didn't make
any suds and no one would buy them. So they added something to make
suds. OTOH, I use the suds to tell if I have added enough soap or
detergent. It seems to me, that when there is too much dirt, there
are no suds in the washing machine, and that adding enooug detergent
to match the dirt allows some suds to be there.

always fill the sink THEN add soap.