Posted to alt.home.repair

Default aerators on faucets

As I was just washing my hands, I noticed that the sink water comes
out bubbly. I've used a few over the years, where the water came out
clear.

Other than the "savings" from lower flow, is there any other advantage
to bubbly water for hand washing. Instead of clear water?

Would it work as well if I had a simple non-aerating faucet which
delievered clear water?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
As I was just washing my hands, I noticed that the sink water comes
out bubbly. I've used a few over the years, where the water came out
clear.

Other than the "savings" from lower flow, is there any other advantage
to bubbly water for hand washing. Instead of clear water?

Would it work as well if I had a simple non-aerating faucet which
delievered clear water?

Pretty much the same with or with out the bubbles. However it does
reduce splashing, breaks up the surface tension a little and does save a
little water. Really those are all good things. Why do you want to change
it?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
As I was just washing my hands, I noticed that the sink water comes
out bubbly. I've used a few over the years, where the water came out
clear.

Other than the "savings" from lower flow, is there any other advantage
to bubbly water for hand washing. Instead of clear water?

Would it work as well if I had a simple non-aerating faucet which
delievered clear water?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
You have to starve them.
.

All you need, or ever would want to know about aerators found he

http://www.sydneywater.com.au/Saving...apAerators.cfm

Hope that was of some help...Jimi

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
As I was just washing my hands, I noticed that the sink water comes
out bubbly. I've used a few over the years, where the water came out
clear.

Other than the "savings" from lower flow, is there any other advantage
to bubbly water for hand washing. Instead of clear water?

Would it work as well if I had a simple non-aerating faucet which
delievered clear water?

Pretty much the same with or with out the bubbles. However it does
reduce splashing, breaks up the surface tension a little and does save a
little water. Really those are all good things. Why do you want to change
it?

A lots of folks, esp. women, like the softer, gentler "feel"
of the areated stream of water too.

The effect can be really quite pronounced.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:38:19 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

As I was just washing my hands, I noticed that the sink water comes
out bubbly. I've used a few over the years, where the water came out
clear.

Other than the "savings" from lower flow, is there any other advantage
to bubbly water for hand washing. Instead of clear water?

Would it work as well if I had a simple non-aerating faucet which
delievered clear water?

It causes more suds when washing dishes by hand (if you add soap
before the sink is full). Suds have little or no function except to
overflow the sink and make a mess, but people want them anyway. I
always fill the sink THEN add soap.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"How could you ask be to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:42:00 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
As I was just washing my hands, I noticed that the sink water comes
out bubbly. I've used a few over the years, where the water came out
clear.

Other than the "savings" from lower flow, is there any other advantage
to bubbly water for hand washing. Instead of clear water?

Would it work as well if I had a simple non-aerating faucet which
delievered clear water?

Pretty much the same with or with out the bubbles. However it does
reduce splashing, breaks up the surface tension a little and does save a
little water. Really those are all good things. Why do you want to change
it?

Because water from the bathroom sink tastes better
than water from the kitchen sink.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

As I was just washing my hands, I noticed that the sink water comes
out bubbly. I've used a few over the years, where the water came out
clear.

Other than the "savings" from lower flow, is there any other advantage
to bubbly water for hand washing. Instead of clear water?

Would it work as well if I had a simple non-aerating faucet which
delievered clear water?

The aerator helps with rinsing and prevents splashing.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

As I was just washing my hands, I noticed that the sink water comes
out bubbly. I've used a few over the years, where the water came out
clear.

Other than the "savings" from lower flow, is there any other advantage
to bubbly water for hand washing. Instead of clear water?

Would it work as well if I had a simple non-aerating faucet which
delievered clear water?

It causes more suds when washing dishes by hand (if you add soap
before the sink is full). Suds have little or no function except to
overflow the sink and make a mess, but people want them anyway. I

ttHAts what I read too. The original clothes detergents didn't make
any suds and no one would buy them. So they added something to make
suds. OTOH, I use the suds to tell if I have added enough soap or
detergent. It seems to me, that when there is too much dirt, there
are no suds in the washing machine, and that adding enooug detergent
to match the dirt allows some suds to be there.

always fill the sink THEN add soap.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:50:27 -0600, "Jimi"
wrote:

All you need, or ever would want to know about aerators found he

http://www.sydneywater.com.au/Saving...apAerators.cfm

I don't know. The first paragraph is this:

Aerators

Aerators restrict the flow of water from your tap without reducing water
pressure. Fit an aerator to your taps and reduce the amount of water
you use by more than 50%.

How could this be true. How can it restrict the flow without reducing
pressure? How can it reduce the amount of water coming out without
reducting pressure.

I've lost faith in the page already.

Hope that was of some help...Jimi

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

All you need, or ever would want to know about aerators found he

http://www.sydneywater.com.au/Saving...apAerators.cfm

I don't know. The first paragraph is this:

Aerators

Aerators restrict the flow of water from your tap without reducing water
pressure. Fit an aerator to your taps and reduce the amount of water
you use by more than 50%.

How could this be true. How can it restrict the flow without reducing
pressure? How can it reduce the amount of water coming out without
reducting pressure.

By making the opening "smaller", you get less water at the same pressure.

Put your thumb over the end of a garden hose so most of the stream is
blocked. The water pressure coming out is a lot higher, but there is
actually less water coming out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Aerators restrict the flow of water from your tap without reducing water
pressure. Fit an aerator to your taps and reduce the amount of water
you use by more than 50%.

How could this be true. How can it restrict the flow without reducing
pressure? How can it reduce the amount of water coming out without
reducting pressure.

I've lost faith in the page already.

Hope that was of some help...Jimi

While washing your pantihose under the sink MM... I suggest this: .
Aerators restrict the flow ....... which does actually maintain the water
pressure IN THE STSTEMNOT AT YOUR HANDS YOU IDIOT! and air is introduced
to reduce the amount of water consumed ...Please fully comprehend what you
are reading! Jimi

Posted to alt.home.repair

Is it just me, or does the subject and the season somehow just make
you want to sing?

Aerators on faucets
and whiskers on kittens....

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:18:18 -0600, "Jimi"
wrote:

Aerators restrict the flow of water from your tap without reducing water
pressure. Fit an aerator to your taps and reduce the amount of water
you use by more than 50%.

How could this be true. How can it restrict the flow without reducing
pressure? How can it reduce the amount of water coming out without
reducting pressure.

I've lost faith in the page already.

Hope that was of some help...Jimi

While washing your pantihose under the sink MM... I suggest this: .
Aerators restrict the flow ....... which does actually maintain the water
pressure IN THE STSTEMNOT AT YOUR HANDS

A) Then they should say that. What do I care about the pressure in
the system? I care about the water I'm using. And it's nonsense
anyhow. If not having an aerator would decrease the pressure in the
system, then having an aerator that decreased the water flow by 50%
would still decrease the water in the system by 50% of the amount it
decreased without the aerator.

In the average home, how many people and devices are using water at
the same time? I don't know, but I've never heard anyone say they
have a shortage of water or water pressure when others are using the
sink. Whether there are aerators or not.

YOU IDIOT!

What's wrong with you?

and air is introduced
to reduce the amount of water consumed ...Please fully comprehend what you
are reading! Jimi

I'm glad to see that you noticed that one could make a distinction
between in the system and at your hands, but after that, you lost
control. I seem to understand it better than you do.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
As I was just washing my hands, I noticed that the sink water comes
out bubbly. I've used a few over the years, where the water came out
clear.

Other than the "savings" from lower flow, is there any other advantage
to bubbly water for hand washing. Instead of clear water?

Would it work as well if I had a simple non-aerating faucet which
delievered clear water?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
You have to starve them.
.

All you need, or ever would want to know about aerators found he

http://www.sydneywater.com.au/Saving...apAerators.cfm

Hope that was of some help...Jimi

Hey Jimi,

I hope you don't believe everything that Sydney Water tells you. They
really are quite unreliable.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 03:14:30 -0500, mm
wrote:

YOU IDIOT!

What's wrong with you?

He wants you to get ****ed off. Did it work?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

All you need, or ever would want to know about aerators found he

http://www.sydneywater.com.au/Saving...apAerators.cfm

I don't know. The first paragraph is this:

Aerators

Aerators restrict the flow of water from your tap without reducing water
pressure. Fit an aerator to your taps and reduce the amount of water
you use by more than 50%.

Snort. When I'm running water out of the kitchen tap,
it's usually because I'm trying to fill something up.
All a flow-reducer does is waste my time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 14 Dec 2006 07:09:36 -0800, "Kyle" wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
As I was just washing my hands, I noticed that the sink water comes
out bubbly. I've used a few over the years, where the water came out
clear.

Other than the "savings" from lower flow, is there any other advantage
to bubbly water for hand washing. Instead of clear water?

wrote:
As a man, I hate em'. I always remove them, or rip the innards out
of them so they dont spray to the side.

What? Are you sayin' I'm not a man because I like the aerator? I'd make
some comment about my wife thinking I was gay when we first me, but
that might be crossing a line... ;-D

I hate to tell you this, and I know it will hurt (Sorry).
If you like aerators, you lack testosterone, and thus you are NOT a
man. Your wife is probably right, YOU ARE GAY !!!!
(Sorry, I knew this would hurt).

What I DO hate about aerators is that they get clogged quite easily by
debris in the water line. Living in a hard water area, I get lots of
calcium deposits in the hot water line that throw tiny little black
chips which build up and clog the faucet. About every other month I
take the aerator off the faucets in the house and clean out the
"stones" (as my wife likes to call 'em).

Be a MAN, remove the sucker......
Your balls will firm up and your dick will grow at least 4 inches
overnight.
The bad part is that your wife will probaly leave you, and you wont be
able to use your new dick and balls !!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Todd H." wrote in message

Is it just me, or does the subject and the season somehow just make
you want to sing?

Aerators on faucets
and whiskers on kittens....
Mugs of hot cocoa
and warm dried out mittens

These are a few of my favorite things!

Posted to alt.home.repair

He said four inches growth, not 12.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Kyle" wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:
Be a MAN, remove the sucker [aerator]......
Your balls will firm up and your dick will grow at least 4 inches
overnight.

God, no - 14 inches is waaaay too long ;-D

outside faucets doug Home Repair 6 August 11th 06 02:58 PM
Waxman faucets Eigenvector Home Repair 0 June 20th 06 12:23 AM
Delta faucets raf2423 Home Repair 1 April 23rd 06 01:58 PM
Electricity in Faucets? [email protected] Home Repair 40 April 8th 06 09:52 PM
Freeze Less Faucets Patch Home Repair 8 March 26th 05 10:14 PM