Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default aerators on faucets

Stormin Mormon wrote:
As I was just washing my hands, I noticed that the sink water comes
out bubbly. I've used a few over the years, where the water came out
clear.

Other than the "savings" from lower flow, is there any other advantage
to bubbly water for hand washing. Instead of clear water?

Would it work as well if I had a simple non-aerating faucet which
delievered clear water?

Pretty much the same with or with out the bubbles. However it does
reduce splashing, breaks up the surface tension a little and does save a
little water. Really those are all good things. Why do you want to change
it?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit