Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Snow Throwers

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message
Electric start? Haven't decided. Sounds good but I somehow see being
caught with a dead machine out in the state's plow berm and a dead
battery.

Some electric starts are 120V with an extension cord in the garage. You
still have the option of a pull start.

Aha. That is the type I will for sure go with.

My current one is an old off-brand that I bought for $50 as a basket
case. Shot motor but I already had a motor that wasn't in use so...
Good machine but small and underpowered for the plow berm. Being on a
state highway, I get 15 to 20 ft of highway snow piled into my drive.

Someone did mention that single stage throws farther. True. I found
that a two stage will throw well but they want to be 'crowded', i.e.,
keep the blower chamber full. Makes for fast clearance up to about 4"
then I have start slowing down to what the motor will pull.

Harry K

Harry K