Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Pearls Before the Swine

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
. net...
"Mike Marlow" writes:

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
. net...
"Mike Marlow" writes:

So, if the actions of the individuals of an organization are merit for
dismissing the organization, you must really hate the human race...

So are the actions of the individuals of the KKK (an organization)
merit for dismissing that organization?

That would be correct. It's the prinicples of the KKK that merit its
dismissal as an organization.

Religion is the biggest problem the world will face in the next
century.

Au contraire - there is absolutely nothing wrong with religion. It's the
people in the religions that are the problem. They are the same people

that
one finds in the human race. If it were not for religion, mankind would
simply find some other justification for those problems you foretell.

If there were only one religion, I'd be tempted to agree. However,
there are multiple, fundamentally incompatible religions. So long as
that is the case, religion will be the source of much strife. Everyone
thinks that their religion is "revealed truth" and any other is apostacy.

Which supports my case. Religion is not different than politics. Differing
view/allegiances/beliefs, zealots, and human nature underlying it all. It's
not religion, it's the people in religion. The multiplicity of religion
does not diminish the point. One religion or one hundred thousand, it still
comes down to human nature. As I said in another post, remove religion and
humans will still find a way to carry on their antics against one another.

Hell - just look at what goes on here in a usenet newsgroup. Religion does
not even have to enter the picture. Look back over the past month of posts.
You'll see plenty of human nature at work.

--

-Mike-