Paul Mc Cann

Default Hayter Hawk Mower-CORRECTION

On 14 Sep 2003 01:52:44 -0700, (Paul
Bowden) wrote:

I meant OIL FILTER of course (told you I was incompetent!) Apologies!

(Paul Bowden) wrote in message om...
This posting will probably reveal the depths of my incompetence, but
I'd be grateful for any help. I have recently cleaned and replaced
the oil filter in the Hayter Hawk mower I bought (Feb 2003) for my
elderly mother. I washed it in detergent, rinsed and dried it
thoroughly and then soaked it in engine oiol - all as per the
instruction booklet - before replacing it. The wretched mower now
won't start at all. To be honest, the filter was probably too sodden
with oil when I first refitted it. However, I wrung it out very very
hard and the thing still won't work. The mower is still under
guarantee, but the dealer is some way away and I'd rather sort it out
more simply and, above all, more quickly, if anyone has any helpful
advice.

Thanks and best wishes

Paul Bowden

Assuming the problem was caused as you suggest have you tried taking
out the spark plug and cleaning it ?

Easy Start ?

Expletives ?

Kicking it ?