Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] jg.campbell.ng@gmail.com is offline

Default Freezers / F.Freezers - mine just died - any recomendations?

tester wrote:
On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:52:12 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:28:14 +0000, Andy wrote:

Bekos are rebadges Hotpoints, and I've got a Beko frost free which on a

[...]

Thanks for the replies - lookin around not many upright freezers today
seem a patch on my very old Electrolux. They may be more energy
efficient, but the space inside seems much less for almost the same
dimensions - a Tardis effect

Although frost-free and fridge/freezer seems great, as I have a 3 year
old fridge and space for a freezer, I think I will go for a basic
freezer and not frost free - nice when things work, but too much to go
wrong, especially with a combined FF.

IMHO, you are particularly lucky if you have space for a chest freezer;
in which case don't even think of a fridge-freezer or an upright
freezer (if such exists); upright far too easy to leave slightly open,
especially if, like me, you visit it mainly after consumption of
aperatifs --- though a sensor + alarm device from Maplin, properly
sited, does give an adequate and early warning. For me, independence of
fridge and freezer is comforting too.

My white goods repair man reckons that frost-free have too many
additional things to go wrong --- I pass that on without evaluation.
OTOH, when I went to buy a new fridge-freezer last year, the absence of
frost-free greatly restricted the choice and appeared not to reduce the
price by much.

Best regards,

Jon C.