Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bart V Bart V is offline

Default OK - I Got A Chainsaw - Now What?

Thanks for the pics, nice and clear!
I guess I'm doing it all wrong but... When I try to chainsaw my way
through the log (length wise along the grain) it takes forever and
ever, the chain gets hot & dull real easy. When I resharpen the chain
(18") it flies through it only for an inch and it's back to snail
speed.
Do I have a cheapo chain? Am I doing it wrong? Whatever?
I just lucked onto a motherload of fresh kill maple and based on my
experience so far, despite the fact that it's maple, I'm tempted to
let it dry out for next year's fireplace season. Yeah, I know a crying
shame so I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.
By the way, there's more than I'd be using on the lathe myself so I'd
consider trades, offers...
Bart,
Hamilton, Ontario.
my current email address: http://haruteq.com/contact.htm

-
**botox treatments: taxidermy on the living**

Check my most up to date email address at:
www.haruteq.com/contact.htm
awesome banjo bridges, tabs, stained glass:
www.haruteq.com