Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default OK - I Got A Chainsaw - Now What?

"charlie b" wrote in message

Here's the url (all one line so watch the line wrap)

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...insawing1.html

If you see any holes in the illustrations or accompanying text, or if
something isn't clear, please e-mail me and I'll try to fix it.

Looks like standard methods to me. I slab mine near the ground between two
wedged logs rather than make something with nails I'll hit or decent wood
that I'll leave in the shavings. Easier on my back to roll the log and bend
to saw than heft the log and still have the weight of the saw to support
higher up.

I also own a scrub plane, so a flat surface is never far away, even if I
didn't get it right at the woodpile.