Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Built-in oven and hob problem

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:29:21 -0000 someone who may be "Darren
Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com" wrote
this:-

Owain mentioned I might requirea new circuit? I already have a decicated
switched circuit for the oven, will this not suffice for the hob?

That rather depends on the rating of the circuit and the rating of
the oven and hob.

What rating is the protective device of this circuit? What size is
the cable? How and where does it currently terminate? What is the
rating of the oven and what is the rating of the hob.

As you are using a double oven and a (4 ring?) hob it may well be
that a 45A circuit is necessary.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh