Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Craig Kevin Craig is offline

Default Venting about trucks, trailers, and custmer service

In article .com,
brianlanning wrote:

And mentions quickly under his breath that he can't go
back and change the total now.

As to the U-Haul software, let me add my own example.

I needed a tow dolly, to move a Plymouth Voyager minivan from one spot
to another. My tow vehicle was my semi-old iron, '82 GMC half ton
pickup.

I tried making a reservation online. I was told that my truck was too
small to pull a minivan. Curious, I kept playing with the combinations
of tow vehicle and towed vehicle, just to see what was acceptable.

I didn't make the reservation online. Instead, I walked into my
neighborhood U-Haul dealer. Forewarned with knowledge, I told them the
one thing I knew would pass the computer system: I was using a 3/4 ton
pickup to pull a Geo Metro. With proper caution, we made the 80 mile
trip easily and safely.

On the other hand, there is such a thing as "too little vehicle". My
late next door neighbor once repossessed his co-signed truck from his
wayward son. He borrowed a 16' flatbed from the fellow across the
street, loaded the truck, and towed it home. He said he had a bit of a
scare when he came to a stop sign, and skidded right through the
intersection.

Lessee... 1971 long/wide Chevy truck, on a 16' trailer without trailer
brakes, being towed by a Toyota Corrolla.

Yeah. I can see the problem with braking. LOL

Kevin