Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snow Throwers

"marybeth" wrote in message

What's your experience and advice on snow throwers?

The ones you are looking at are just above the toy category. If you have a
20' long driveway, it will do. If you have serious snow, you can do better.
Much better. Two stage is far superior and does not leave the residue you
speak of. They may be sufficient if you have a small area. They are
definitely better than a shovel.

Go to a real outdoor equipment store, not the stores you are looking at, if
you are serious. These models won't easily remove the plowed snow left by
the town trucks. I recall clearing my entire driveway with a single stage
in 15 minutes, then spending 30 to 45 minutes trying to do the last couple
of feet.

The electric start is nice to have though. My next one will have it.