Posted to rec.woodworking
resrfglc resrfglc is offline

Default Venting about trucks, trailers, and custmer service

"a standing refrigerator"

My understanding is that one may safely transport them laying flat -
provided, however, that you let them sit a day or so in the new location
before starting them up again so as to allow the fluids to settle back.

I've done this a couple of times, most recently last month without
difficulty. The staked washer dryer, however, lost fluids enoute (found them
on floor of the trailer) though it does not seem to haveimpaired the
operation over the five years since the move.

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 136...
"brianlanning" wrote in
ups.com:

B A R R Y wrote:
Which enclosed trailers are you looking at?

All of the enclosed trailers I've ever seen, (Featherlite, Haulmark,
Wells Cargo, and the BORG cheapies) except U-Haul and snowmobile
trailers, would easily take a household fridge standing up, even the
small 5x8's.

I admit I haven't done enough research and my only exposure to box
trailers so far has been the u-haul 6x12 and my assessment of trailers
I see driving down the road.

brian

You can get almost ANY configuration of trailer that makes sense, and
rolls
down the road. Full custom, even. You just have to look.

If I had a place to park one, I'd have one, and sell one of the trucks.

Patriarch