Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Freezers / F.Freezers - mine just died - any recomendations?

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:28:14 +0000, Andy wrote:

Bekos are rebadges Hotpoints, and I've got a Beko frost free which on a
couple of occasions has just mushed along at 0C in the freezer
compartment. Its to do with a build up of ice on the heat exchanger. Its
easy enough to snap it back into operation ( hairdryer directed into the
fanhole at the back of the freezer for 5 minutes ) but I've heard others
complain about a similar fault so it might be one to ok out for.

Hmmm, we'll see .... The Man From Hotpoint is coming tomorrow to look at
our 3-month old Hotpoint Fridge Freezer which no longer fridges (freezer
OK tho').

BTW be warned if buying a Hotpoint that the weasels in their marketing
department (don't know about other makes) have decided that they can call
a machine a 'Frost-Free Fridge Freezer' even if only the Freezer is
frost-free. By their terminology you need a _Fully_ Frost Free Fridge
Freezer (try saying that with a mouth full of cornflakes :-)