Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max George Max is offline

Default Venting about trucks, trailers, and custmer service

On 12 Dec 2006 06:54:22 -0800, "dpb" wrote:

George Max wrote:
On 11 Dec 2006 11:38:10 -0800, "brianlanning"
wrote:

Over the weekend I finished most of my move.

snip of difficulty with U-Haul and guy at competition

I'm glad I own my trailer.

Figured out if your amortized per usage cost is less than U-Haul's rate
yet???

Easily.

The trailer was a couple of hundred bucks around 25 years ago. It
only gets better as time passes.

It's moved the contents of two households from one place to another.
It's made numerous trips hauling dirty things that I and others would
be loathe to put in our cars. It's made the transport of sheetgoods
possible. It's helped quite a bit with hauling lumber and firewood.

And it's available at a moments notice. At 9am or 9pm. Whichever.
And I don't have to deal with any self important fools or accounting
software that doesn't allow for correction of mistakes.