Posted to rec.woodworking
M Berger M Berger is offline

Default Venting about trucks, trailers, and custmer service

I'm in a university community. U-Haul is absolutely the
worst of the dealers. Their equipment is in poor condition
(compared to Ryder, which has much nicer newer trucks), and
while they're happy to take your money and reservations, they
can't guarantee that the truck or trailer you reserved will
actually be available.

Why are you second-guessing the place with the higher prices?
Their costs probably ARE higher than U-Haul's, and their
service is probably much better. You complained about your
treatment at U-Haul, but then you say you don't want to
pay any more.

brianlanning wrote:

What's happening? I'm I getting old or something? I would never treat
my customers like the u-haul guy did. We're on a first name basis.
And we're only talking $10. And the other place seems like they would
rather take their ball and go home than to engauge in any reasonable
competition with u-haul. Why have the trailers?