Posted to rec.woodworking
lwhaley lwhaley is offline

Default Venting about trucks, trailers, and custmer service

I think the plan is for us to buy a 12' or 16' trailer as soon as we
have a place to park it. Seems more workable to us (since we drive
vans) than a separate pickup truck.

I own a 10' enclosed trailer and have been very happy. That trailer is
the smartest investment I ever made. Once you own a trailer you find
uses for it all the time, more than expected. A quality trailer is a
simple device compared to a truck and can outlast several pickups and
perhaps last the rest of your life. Repairs and maintenance are simple
compared to a truck. So, if you can find the room for it then buy one
for sure.

The coolest thing about the enclosed trailer is that it give you
secure, weatherproof storage seperate from the truck. This has a lot
of advantages and will cause you to use your truck in a whole new way.
If it's inconvenient to haul your gear all over, you can just lock up
and unhook and your truck is empty and available. If conditions don't
allow for immediate unloading, your gear is secure and can be accessed
at your convenience.

I love my trailer and would like to own another. That way you could
have a trailer devoted to a particular task ready to go and other
trailers which are empty and available. My next trailer will be a
gooseneck tandem with a dump bed and removable sides rated to 14,000
lbs. After that I would like to have a 20' enclosed.