Dale Scroggins

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"mikee" wrote in message

I hope Kerry gets the Democratic nomination. It will almost guarantee

Bush's

reelection.

Mike Eberlein

Mike, get your head out of the clouds. You must have seen that CNN/Gallup
poll that has Kerry ahead of Bush right now.

snip
And there has to be some pickup in employment by November. Last month's
productivity figures were low (2.4%). There's a good chance that means that
employers have squeezed all they can out of their employees. If we have even
modest growth in GDP, employment *ought* to start tracking the general
economic growth by then.

If so, that could be Bush's salvation. That's assuming no more surprises
crop up, of course.

Ed Huntress

Both the Republicans and Democrats should be careful what they wish for
this election cycle. While the economy will most likely improve enough
this summer to help Bush's reelection chances, we could witness some
truly interesting times within the next decade.

How 'bout this for a possibility: Bush is reelected by a narrow margin,
has a truly disastrous second term on many fronts, resulting in the
near-destruction of the Republican party for a generation.

I suspect that, fifty years hence, the administrations of Reagan, Bush
I, and Clinton will be nearly forgotten. But this administration, if
extended by four years, will be viewed as marking a political watershed.

Dale Scroggins