Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Pearls Before the Swine

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:33:31 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

Things exchanged among friends for barter can't be converted to money. So
long that each person thinks it's fair and it doesn't end up that you're
doing work every week on stuff you'd rather not fool with. I do know that
when I offer to do work for barter, the other person will trade more than I
would have asked for if I were the one to set the parameters on the deal.

A little addition to this, and my previous comments-

While some things can't be bought at any price, I usually bend over
backwards to help out someone who is willing to learn something about
making what they want, even if I lose money in the bargin. Same thing
goes for barter, as you noted above.

Just my experiences.

Steve