Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Is it worth a career change? Part 2

On 11 Dec 2006 10:02:05 -0800, "Never Enough Money"
wrote:

Does anyone know where to find suppliers?

Not to fill a retail shop.

Where to turners usually buy their wood? (I'm not a turner.)

I usually don't- but if you're going to cater to turners and offer
exotic blanks, I might buy them from you... Especially if they're
larger blanks. Biggest problem with ordering them is that most are
too small for anything I want to make.

Do a lot of you use mail-order or internet ordering?

For wood, no.

Is exotic woods next on Home Depot's expansion plans?

What's the mark-up on exotic lumber? How much just never gets sold
because it's "not pretty enough?"