Larry Jaques

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...

On 6 Feb 2004 18:09:17 -0800, jim rozen
brought forth from the murky depths:

In article , Larry Jaques says...

Met Life and NY Life Ins. Cos.?!? How do life insurance
companies "export America"? I'm stumped. Indian Voice Mail
or sumpin?

Ha ha. I *just* experience this. I wanted to increase
my life insurance amount, and Met Life writes the
policies I get through my employer. So the conversation
goes like this:

-snip-
Metlife Rep: Ok, I need some information from you (pretty flawless
accent, but an accent still. Fairly understandable, but obviously
from someplace in India.

I did the same thing with Dell and it took half an hour and
several different departments (each with their own peculiar
Indian accents) to finally tell me that they would no longer
send the weekly ad mags to my residence. The first guy said
I couldn't stop them because I wasn't the person to whom
they were addressed, even if it WAS my residence and I owned
the property.

It was sort of like talking on ham radio. I had to resist
the urge to say "over to you there, mister" at the end of
each statement. A couple of times we wound up both talking
at the same time, and seeing as the connection did not
seem to be true duplex, I think something got lost in the,
um, translation.

Perhaps you should ask Lord Ganesh for clarification.
http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/1415/gan.html

Save the Endangered Boullions from being cubed!
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online