Glenn Ashmore

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...

This afternoon I was attempting to solve a rather complex problem a
client in Chicago was having with his computer. I had narrowed it down
to a hardware problem so I called IBM support line. The first
dispatcher was in Manila, Philippines who handed me off to level 1 in
New Deli. After he decided that he could not handle hardware problems I
was sent to Ireland where, after a long conversation, I was sent to
Toronto and finally to someone who knew what he was doing in New York.
After I finally convinced him that it really was a hardware problem he
dispatched a repair man from the local IBM office, 3 floors down in the
same building as the client. The phone call only took 2 hours.

Until two years ago all but the last stage was in Atlanta and I knew
most of the personnel.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com