Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Henry St.Pierre Henry St.Pierre is offline

Default Badger Shaving Brush Knots

wrote in
news
Sorry Hank for upsetting you with my comments re. Badger hair, still
at least "my people" have not killed most of them off so I ( and
those that follow me) do not know what they look like. I,
unfortunately got a little hot under the collar about the way the
request was made, I apologise to Pete & Kathy for that. I will not
comment further re. The fur from China etc. as I know I will only
upset others again especially if you wear dog fur which is used in
clothing in the west, which is exported from china, they at least do
eat the dog, quite a delicacy I believe.

Nothing wrong with dog fur except, other than for limited warmth, it looks
like dog fur. Coyote fur on the other hand can be very attractive and
warmer (much harder to shoot than dogs and they smell better). Dog is not a
delicacy to me. I have no problem with gaminess in meat, but I found dog to
be even greasier than bear. The Koreans did a great job with dog. With all
the pepper, it could have been veal.
Regards,
Hank