Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Any 240v woodworking equipment need a neutral?

In article Udifh.4242$495.840@trnddc06,
resrfglc wrote:
One other point: Insurance.

If there's a fire, etc. and the investigation uncovers your home-brew
cost-saving electrical work, your insurance company can simply deny your
claim because you promised them you would never install electrical without a
permit, licensed contractor and appropriate inspections.

Oh, yeah, and I'm sure the insurance companies refuse to pay when
you've plugged too many devices into your extension cord, like you
promised you wouldn't too.

I've read and re-read my homeowners policy and while some of the fine
print is quite "amusing", damn if I can find that clause about not
paying if the wiring is not up to code.

--
For every complicated, difficult problem, there is a simple, easy
solution that does not work.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland -