Chris Johnson

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...---and I wouldn't trust any ofthem...

I wouldn't trust anyone running to walk my dog.

The best of the bunch is far too close to the bottom of the barrel for
my tastes.

NONE of them are properly focused on protecting and defending America's
FREEDOMS, and our opportunities, from assault from all sides including
within.

I could go off on a heck of a riff about the whole thing, but to make
it short and sweet, why are we sending money to other countries when we
have people in our own country who can't find a job (stolen by illegal
immigrants) and don't even have a roof over their heads?

We have to provide for our OWN people before providing for anyone else.

To be utterly blunt, as long as we have problems of our own that haven't
been solved, the rest of the world can go stuff itself.

I favor legislative action to protect American markets from the unfair
trade practices that much of the world engages in. (It's easy to sell
stuff very cheaply to Americans when you barely pay your workforce!)

Bring American jobs home. Place import tariffs on imported products to
reduce their market advantage, and retaliate against the importing
nation by placing export tariffs on all of our products that go there.

America and Americans first. I'll vote for the candidate that swears
to do that, with one hand on a bible and the other on his heart.

And anyone who wishes to deprive me of ANY of my Constitutionally
guaranteed rights, INCLUDING the right to keep and bear (any) arms (for
any lawful reason), will not only NEVER get my vote, but I will work
to ensure that others won't vote for him, either.

In this respect, Clark is the worst of the bunch. He'd be happy to
edit the 2nd amendment from the Bill of Rights if he could.

As Clark swore "to protect and defend the Constitution against ALL
enemies, foreign and domestic" and holds a contrarian view on parts of
that Constitution, I think he should be charged with dereliction of
duty at the very least. Maybe even TREASON.

CJ

Gunner wrote:

THE REAL KERRY

By HOWIE CARR

February 5, 2004 -- BOSTON

ONE of the surest ways to get the phones ringing on any
Massachusetts talk-radio show is to ask people to call in and
tell their John Kerry stories. The phone lines are soon filled,
and most of the stories have a common theme: our junior senator
pulling rank on one of his constituents, breaking in line,
demanding to pay less (or nothing) or ducking out before the bill
arrives.

The tales often have one other common thread. Most end with Sen.
Kerry inquiring of the lesser mortal: "Do you know who I am?"

And now he's running for president as a populist. His first wife
came from a Philadelphia Main Line family worth $300 million. His
second wife is a pickle-and-ketchup heiress.

Kerry lives in a mansion on Beacon Hill on which he has borrowed
$6 million to finance his campaign. A fire hydrant that prevented
him and his wife from parking their SUV in front of their tony
digs was removed by the city of Boston at his behest.

The Kerrys ski at a spa the widow Heinz owns in Aspen, and they
summer on Nantucket in a sprawling seaside "cottage" on Hurlbert
Avenue, which is so well-appointed that at a recent fund-raiser,
they imported porta-toilets onto the front lawn so the donors
wouldn't use the inside bathrooms. (They later claimed the
decision was made on septic, not social, considerations).

It's a wonderful life these days for John Kerry. He sails
Nantucket Sound in "the Scaramouche," a 42-foot Hinckley
powerboat. Martha Stewart has a similar boat; the no-frills model
reportedly starts at $695,000. Sen. Kerry bought it new, for
cash.

Every Tuesday night, the local politicians here that Kerry
elbowed out of his way on his march to the top watch, fascinated,
as he claims victory in more primaries and denounces the special
interests, the "millionaires" and "the overprivileged."

"His initials are JFK," longtime state Senate President William
M. Bulger used to muse on St. Patrick's Day, "Just for Kerry.
He's only Irish every sixth year." And now it turns out that he's
not Irish at all.

But in the parochial world of Bay State politics, he was never
really seen as Irish, even when he was claiming to be (although
now, of course, he says that any references to his alleged
Hibernian heritage were mistakenly put into the Congressional
Record by an aide who apparently didn't know that on his paternal
side he is, in fact, part-Jewish).

Kerry is, in fact, a Brahmin - his mother was a Forbes, from one
of Massachusetts' oldest WASP families. The ancestor who wed
Ralph Waldo Emerson's daughter was marrying down.

At the risk of engaging in ethnic stereotyping, Yankees have a
reputation for, shall we say, frugality. And Kerry tosses around
quarters like they were manhole covers. In 1993, for instance,
living on a senator's salary of about $100,000, he managed to
give a total of $135 to charity.

Yet that same year, he was somehow able to scrape together $8,600
for a brand-new, imported Italian motorcycle, a Ducati Paso 907
IE. He kept it for years, until he decided to run for president,
at which time he traded it in for a Harley-Davidson like the one
he rode onto "The Tonight Show" set a couple of months ago as Jay
Leno applauded his fellow Bay Stater.

Of course, in 1993 he was between his first and second heiresses
- a time he now calls "the wandering years," although an equally
apt description might be "the freeloading years."

For some of the time, he was, for all practical purposes,
homeless. His friends allowed him into a real-estate deal in
which he flipped a condo for quick resale, netting a $21,000
profit on a cash investment of exactly nothing. For months he
rode around in a new car supplied by a shady local Buick dealer.
When the dealer's ties to a congressman who was later indicted
for racketeering were exposed, Kerry quickly explained that the
non-payment was a mere oversight, and wrote out a check.

In the Senate, his record of his constituent services has been
lackluster, and most of his colleagues, despite their public
support, are hard-pressed to list an accomplishment. Just last
fall, a Boston TV reporter ambushed three congressmen with the
question, name something John Kerry has accomplished in Congress.
After a few nervous giggles, two could think of nothing, and a
third mentioned a baseball field, and then misidentified Kerry as
"Sen. Kennedy."

Many of his constituents see him in person only when he is
cutting them in line - at an airport, a clam shack or the
Registry of Motor Vehicles. One talk-show caller a few weeks back
recalled standing behind a police barricade in 2002 as the
Rolling Stones played the Orpheum Theater, a short limousine ride

from Kerry's Louisburg Square mansion.

The caller, Jay, said he began heckling Kerry and his wife as
they attempted to enter the theater. Finally, he said, the
senator turned to him and asked him the eternal question.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Yeah," said Jay. "You're a gold-digger."

John Kerry. First he looks at the purse.

Howie Carr, a Boston Herald columnist and syndicated talk-radio
host, has been covering John Kerry for 25 years.

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/op...ists/17337.htm

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long