Posted to alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
Lady Lady is offline

Default Dishwashing tablets

I have always considered the "main" dishwasher compartment to be the one
with the cover, which dispenses second. The first one (the uncovered one) I
believe to be the pre-rinse.

By the way - I also use Electrasol - it's the only thing that gets my tea
stains off my mugs. But they do still have the actual tablets - not just
the gel stuff which I hate. Not sure where you shop but all the groceries I
shop at as well as Wal Mart still carry them - plus they are on their
website
http://www.electrasol.us/whats_new.html

"mm" wrote in message
1) Why is it that the insturctions for dishwashing tablets, all 3
brands that I checked, say to put the tablet in the "main dispenser"?
And which is the "main dispenser"? They are the same size. How am I
know to know which is main and which isn't?

Is it the one that dispenses first? I've figured out which one that
is, but I'll be most people don't even think about it. And although
which that is is clear, somehow it seems counter-intuitive to me (not
counter-logical, just counter intuitive. And why should the one that
dispenses first be considered the main one. And which of the cups is
the main one?

2) I got some free-offer electrosol Dishwasher tablet a few years
ago, and finally used most of them. I also had a full box of powder
that I had to use before going to buy more of something.

By this time, neither Electrol nor Cascade sold the same kind of
tablets. Now they are already part liquid and come in a water soluble
bag, and they warn you not to handle the bags with wet fingers. This
was too much for me so I bought the house brand (Food Lion) They are
still tablets like Electrosol used to sell. But they don't have 2
colors (seemingly two ingredients) like the old Electrosol. I wonder
if they are as good. I wonder if the new semi-liquid things are
better. Anyone know?

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)