Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Using #14 wire for one light on 20A breaker

In article , (Don Klipstein) wrote:

http://www.ci.longmont.co.us/bldgins...ial/wiring.htm

Code actually requires all wiring in a branch circuit to be of the same
size. However, I cannot guarantee that this item is in the NEC as opposed
to being merely in a local building code. I am under the impression that
at least most items in that page are actually specified by NEC.

Must be a local code. The NEC specifies minimum requirements for conductor
sizes, but has no requirement I'm aware of that all conductors on a circuit be
the same size.

--
Regards,