jim rozen

Default Why a 220v welder is as good as a 120v..listen up, I discovered this w/o electrocuting myself

In article , Wild Bill says...

There was a recent RCM thread about improvised "Y" adapter cables for 240V
use. A lethal safety risk may be present if one plug is removed from it's
receptacle.

Actually that was a *commercial* product, I dragged the thread
over from the antique radio ng IIRC. And I think most of the
folks came to the following conclusions:

1) WAY too much money for something like that

2) BAD idea

3) Product liability lawsuit city!

Jim

please reply to: