Posted to alt.coffee,sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default re-wiring Gaggia Coffee Espresso?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
Homer J Simpson wrote:

Are you sure it isn't 50 cycle?

Most likely it's 230 volts 50 Hz (cycle). I think the only country in the
world with standard outlets being 240 volts is Australia, and I'm not
sure about that.

England standardized on 240 volts, Europe on 220. Israel on 230 so you
could use either. Since then all of the E.U. has standardized to 230,
the U.K going down, the rest of Europe going up.

Regardless of the standard, my friend in England had a voltage monitor
set up for a while and it had pretty large fluctuations, anything from
around 223 all the way up to 245V depending on the time of day. These
small percentages don't matter for most things.