Posted to alt.coffee,sci.electronics.repair
news.rcn.com news.rcn.com is offline

Default re-wiring Gaggia Coffee Espresso?

"Robert Harmon" wrote in message
6.26...

I'll need more info before I can give an answer. What kind of upper boiler
is in your machine; the old type with heat element attachments on the side
or the four attachments on top? Does you machine have a 3-way solenoid
valve?

How do I get it apart to see which one it is? It looks brand new and unused
and is the one in the picture at
http://www.everythingkitchens.com/ga...101-14100.html
as opposed to the one with the three vertical switches on the left: Does
this assist?
If you have the newer boiler top the elements can be rewired (the same
elements are used in all voltage). You'll still need a 110 volt pump &
solenoid valve (if so equipped).

How do I identify whether I have such a pump and solenoid and how is it
rewired please?

I've converted several Gaggia from 240 to 110 volt & if you can read a
wiring schematic it's a piece of cake.

I can't but isn't it a matter of disconnecting and reconnecting in-place
connections if I have the right type?

Robert (Let 'em eat cake!) Harmon
--
http://tinyurl.com/pou2y