jim rozen

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...

In article , Larry Jaques says...

Met Life and NY Life Ins. Cos.?!? How do life insurance
companies "export America"? I'm stumped. Indian Voice Mail
or sumpin?

Ha ha. I *just* experience this. I wanted to increase
my life insurance amount, and Met Life writes the
policies I get through my employer. So the conversation
goes like this:

Me: I'd like to increase my life insurance amount, please.

pause

pause

pause

Metlife Rep: Ok, I need some information from you (pretty flawless
accent, but an accent still. Fairly understandable, but obviously
from someplace in India.

pause

pause

pause

crackle

pause

Me: etc....

It was sort of like talking on ham radio. I had to resist
the urge to say "over to you there, mister" at the end of
each statement. A couple of times we wound up both talking
at the same time, and seeing as the connection did not
seem to be true duplex, I think something got lost in the,
um, translation.

Jim

please reply to: