Posted to rec.woodworking
resrfglc resrfglc is offline

Default Any 240v Dust Collector equipment need a neutral?

Better you should ask a contingency-fee attorney. Of course its not the
"norm," but if you re-work your home's electrical service and sell it to
someone who dies in a fire blamed on your wiring, you can bet the attorney's
will be looking at the depth of your pockets.

And don't take legal advice from a real estate broker - they aren't even
allowed to write purchase and sale contracts!

All we (those of us urging prudence, code compliance and completeness) are
doing istryng to give OP the best advice possible. we are talking the
difference of less than twenty-cents per foot for a host of reasons the
least of which might well be his eventual liability exposure.

I grant you that the device will operate if he only pulls two blue twelve
gauge conductors across the room and staple them to the floor joists rather
than enclose them in EMT or the equivalent.

But I wouldn't do it that way nor advise another to take that minimalist
route to wire shop or home.

"Leon" wrote in message
et...

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

And... who is liable for damages if there is a house fire? Here it
comes...
THE INSURANCE COMPANY. Please explain how the home owner is going to
liable
for wiring a saw with 10/2 with a ground? He's not. Even if he wires it
wrong and sells the house, he's not liable. Geeze...

That is correct. My insurance man filled me in on that and a real estate
friend concurred.