Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default Is it worth a career change? Part 2

"Never Enough Money" wrote in
ups.com:

snip

Where to turners usually buy their wood? (I'm not a turner.)

snip

Turners frequently harvest their own wood, whenever possible. Large pieces
are easier to turn wet, and hard to dry prior to cutting. And green wood
grows on trees, pretty much everywhere.

Some exotics are purchased. That gets you into the higher-dollar,
questionable sourcing issues of imported materials. Some folks may be
entirely ethical. Hard to really say whats happened everywhere along the
line.

Good luck with your quest. I wish you well.

Patriarch,
not quite a beginning turner, an experienced telco guy of your
generation...