Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Any 240v woodworking equipment need a neutral?

In article . com, "Andy Dingley " wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

120V devices
are powered by using any one of the three phases, and a neutral which is
bonded to earth ground.

208V devices use any two of the three phase conductors, or all three, and no
neutral.

That's what I'm telling you. Both systems are wired through similar
cabling, but the neutral only gets used when it's supplying a simgle
phase device.

OK, we're on the same page now. You confused me with your reference to it as a
"combination" of 3-phase and single-phase -- that's not the way I see it.

--
Regards,