Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max George Max is offline

Default Hybrid Tablesaws

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:25:33 GMT, Mike Howland
wrote:

George Max wrote:

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 17:28:23 GMT, Mike Howland
wrote:

Greetings,

I'm considering upgrading from my current contractor saw to a hybrid saw.

FWIW, I bought a General 50-220C M1 during Woodcraft's 10% (or more)
off sale last September.

Thanks George.
Still looking but, like you, dust collection is my big concern. The
Craftsman saw runs just fine, is accurate enough for me and fine for the
ripping I do (I break out the bandsaw for the thicker material). I already
have a buyer lined up for the contractor saw I have.
Mike

Ha! Just how it went for me, 'cept I was doing *all* my ripping on
the TS, even 3" thick hard maple. Yes, it was tough. I didn't have a
bandsaw when that had to be done.

Now you're nearing decision time. Good luck.