Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Need Elec. Advice

Woody2 wrote:
I am going to have a 200amp. heavy up done , but later plan to add to
Garage/worshop area. What type of wire is suitable for use of air compressor
rated @ 20amp. also would like to add overhead flurosent light, run power
saws grinder etc. Should I have dedicated circuits, please advise best route
to go.
Thanks Woody2

For a workshop area, I would plan on having several spare 20A breakers
available for installation of outlets etc. the more circuits the better
just in case you end up having a helper working in there with you and
you end up using two or more appliances simultaneously.

I'd keep the lighting separate from the receps. because eventually you
will trip a breaker no matter how well you plan, and it sucks finding
the door in the dark.

good luck

nate