Posted to alt.coffee,sci.electronics.repair
news.rcn.com news.rcn.com is offline

Default re-wiring Gaggia Coffee Espresso?

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:16:44 -0500, news.rcn.com Has Frothed:

Just accidentally bought a Gaggia Coffee Espresso which works on 240
volts.
Is it possible to rewire it for 120V please? Or is the transformer
different?

Easy enought to run 240 volts outlet, not easy to rework the coffee
machine for 120. Is this device 50 hertz also? Can't you return it and get
one made to work on 120?

Picked it up at a flea market for virtually nothing 'cos I saw it in what
looked like mint condition. Didn't notice voltage. Unlikely the vendor knew
about voltage. I bought it from him just after he had bought it from
someone else. I suppose I must take it to England next time I go and put it
on Craigslist. Inconceivable it can be worthwhile shipping it to Europe from
US so outlets like EBay out of the question, unless this unit is REALLY
worth nine hundred bucks!
http://www.everythingkitchens.com/ga...101-14100.html

?????????

COOSN-266-06-25794