Posted to alt.coffee,sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default re-wiring Gaggia Coffee Espresso?

"Jack Denver" wrote in message
. ..
You would have to replace the heating element (which is integrated into
the top of the boiler) and the pump which would not be economical.

If you buy a proper step up transformer rated at 1500 or 2000 watts and
use it on a circuit of the proper rating (at least 15 amps) and without
any other loads on the circuit it should work. A transformer of this size
is not like the little travel converters - it weighs around 30 lbs. and
costs around $75, roughly.

Or you could have an electrician install a 240 v circuit. If you have an
electric range or clothes dryer you already have 240V in your
kitchen/laundry and every home/ apartment has it coming into their panel
box.

You could add a 208 / 220 circuit to the kitchen. Most kitchen receptacles
are split 240 - a voltmeter from hot to hot will show this.

DON'T try to cheat with two plugs - this is a fool killer.
You COULD (I suppose) wire a cable to one of those 2 to 6 outlet
adaptors and get the voltage that way (I've contemplated that).

Are you sure it isn't 50 cycle?