Ed Huntress

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...

"Gary H. Lucas" wrote in message

There are some correlations between polls and results on the Web. But

you
have to decide first what you're looking for. If the question is how
accurately do polls taken a month before an election predict the

election
results, the answer is, very poorly...because the poll studied opinions

month before the election, not the morning of election day.

Polls are snapshots that reflect opinions at one instant in time. That's
all.

Ed Huntress

I'd ban ALL political polling until the elections are over. Let everyone
vote their own mind without being swayed by what some poll says others are
doing.

Gary H. Lucas

Why are you worried about people being swayed by polls? If they can be
swayed by a poll, what else can they be swayed by?

I think the stink over polls is 'way off base. I don't know anyone who votes
on the basis of polls. But I do know people who vote for stupid reasons.

Ed Huntress