Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Freezers / F.Freezers - mine just died - any recomendations?

In article ,
Tim S writes:

If it lasted 15 years, another of the same brand???

My Hotpoint Iced Diamond is 11 years old and it still looks and performs
like new. Quiet + smooth easy to wipe evaporator. One plastic clip broke on
the lower inner door flap, replaced last year for a quid or two.

You might consider a frost-free if needed: - though there's more point for
fridges over freezers - I defrost only once per year anyway, but your
pattern of usage might be different to mine.

I know a number of people with frost free freezers,
and I've never regretted not getting one ;-)

My non-frost free seems to need defrosting about every
5 years, which is longer than many frost-free ones will
run without something going wrong which wrecks the contents.

--
Andrew Gabriel