Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Freezers / F.Freezers - mine just died - any recomendations?

tester wrote:

Hi,

My freezer just died this morning - after 15+ years of service! It was
an upright freezer only.

I've replaced my fridge some years back back this Electrolux just kept
going - until this morning. So, any makes to avoid or any that stand
out?

Otherwise I guess I'll just looka round and take a chance.

Thanks for any advice.

If it lasted 15 years, another of the same brand???

My Hotpoint Iced Diamond is 11 years old and it still looks and performs
like new. Quiet + smooth easy to wipe evaporator. One plastic clip broke on
the lower inner door flap, replaced last year for a quid or two.

You might consider a frost-free if needed: - though there's more point for
fridges over freezers - I defrost only once per year anyway, but your
pattern of usage might be different to mine.

Cheers

Tim