Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthona Anthona is offline

Default Custom storm door

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Anthona" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is it possible to get a door that
would fit that very enclosure? The door itself measures 32 1/2 wide to
82" in height. lowes and HD are out of the question, they insist that
they have to go by the regular measure of that opening and if necessary
add padded enclosures.

Used to be, expanders were used to make the size adjustments. It has been
years since I've been involved with doors though. One option is to add a
trim strip to bring the opening down so a standard 80" door will fit. Check
for a local manufacturer also. We had a bunch of them when I lived in
Philadelphia. They would buy the extrusions and custom make any size you
needed with only a small up charge.

Well that is where I got that $649 estimate...a small local
distributor...not a manufacturer though. This is Brooklyn, NY.