Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Custom storm door

"Anthona" wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to replace my custom storm door. It was fitted at that time (
before i bought the house ) with extra enclosures. I've shopped around
and most places are asking way out of hand for a simple storm door,
even if its custom made. The last quote I got was around $647.I suspect
that price does not include labor. Is it possible to get a door that
would fit that very enclosure? The door itself measures 32 1/2 wide to
82" in height. lowes and HD are out of the question, they insist that
they have to go by the regular measure of that opening and if necessary
add padded enclosures.

Your opening once you measure it can be adapted to fit a "standard sized"
storm door far cheaper than you can buy a custom fit model.

If you are going to try and DIY post back for more info or contact a local
handy-person for more information.

Colbyt