Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Must 10/2MC run through joists?

Toller spake thus:

I need to run 10/2 the length of my house, which means drilling holes in
about 50 joints and avoiding heating ducts. It would be so much nicer just
to fasten the cable to the bottom of the joists. Can that be done with
10/2MC?

I don't see why not, absent any prohibition on it in your local codes
(you *are* familiar with your local codes, aren't you? Didn't think so).
I see it all over the place. A little ugly if done in a basement space,
but perfectly OK in a crawlspace.

I've never used MC before; anything difficult about it?

No. Just remember to be *very* careful stapling it; don't mash the
staples down too hard or you'll likely create a short. I like to drive
the staple in just far enough to make it hard to move the cable under
it. (Don't ask me how I know this.)

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)