Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] rmeyer1@gmail.com is offline

Default Hybrid Tablesaws

Who peed in your cheerios this morning? The man asked for
opinions/advice and I provided mine. My advice is that the current
stuff coming out of chaiwan with a Delta label isn't worth buying.
Older used equipment, even at 75% of the retail price of a new machine,
is a much better value because the manufacturer's have been cuting
quality to keep costs down.

A.M. Wood

As you suggest I waited 8 months early this year diligently searching
the Atlanta, Jacksonville,Savannah, and Charleston SC Craig's lists,
tool auctions, and newspapers for used Unisaws. I found one 3 phase
unit and one in several baskets covered with four coats of paint
applied with a brush. I finally purchased a new Steel City hybrid with
3HP 220V motor and am so glad I did. It's quality is why the current
Fine Woodworking Tools and Shop issue recommends the Sears/Steel City
Orion table saws for their under 5K workshop. Better yet, it's
available right now. Now you could save some poor guy from having to
settle for a crappy quality "chaiwan" saw by putting your old Unisaw on
the market right now. How about it? Let us know when it's listed at a
good price...one we can gloat about. Too many seekers chasing too few
Unisaws is poor advice.