Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max George Max is offline

Default Jointer or planer?

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:34:17 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

Fri, Dec 8, 2006, 9:16am (EST-1)
(George*Max) doth
query:
Did you read my whole message?
I quote: "or you otherwise use any clever jigs or other contraptions
snip

Yep, read it. Except, I consider a planer sled a basic accessory,
and not a clever jig, or contraption.

JOAT
I am, therefore I think.

O.K., works for you. It'll probably work for anyone. Even me.

After 20 years of dorking around with wood, I still haven't found a
need. Yet. I just think it's pretty time consuming. I already waste
a lot of time on other things.

What I use is a DJ-20 and a DeWalt 12" (?) planer. Big stuff goes to
Kettle Moraine hardwood to go through their thickness sander, but only
when it's already close to finished size.