Posted to rec.woodworking
A.M. Wood A.M. Wood is offline

Default Hybrid Tablesaws

Mike Howland wrote:
Greetings!

Strictly speaking I'm not limited to 115v... My Oneida dust collector is
wired for 220. I just wanted to avoid running a new line. I have a
dedicated 20a 115v line I use for my tablesaw and wanted to keep exploiting
it since it's already there.

My big concern is the dust collection. I've found my contractor saw to have
enough cutting power (Craftsman model 113.299410, contractor saw). The
open back makes it messy.. even with the DC pulling air.

The hybrids seem to address this concern... at least somewhat. I was just
curious about what folks thought. The hybrids also seem to have a slightly
smaller footprint. I *am* somewhat limited in space so a full-blown unisaw
is out of the question, I'm afraid and if the hybrid was slightly smaller,
all the more room for me in the shop.

Thanks to all the posters!
I appreciate the feedback,

Regards,
Mike

Regarding the "footprint." The table top and fence will be larger than
the base of the saw. A table that is not very deep is going to make
cutting stock difficult. The length of the fence is independent of
the saw when your comparing a cabinet saw to a hybrid to a cabinet saw.

AM Wood