Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Loft hatch - draft proofing

Roger Mills wrote:
Mark wrote:

got a hinged loft hatch with a push to lock push to unlock retention
mechanism

suggested required as best way to draft proof between hatch and frame

Forgive my not correcting your quaint colonialisms but if I got the
gist of your message you have a loft hatch that is draughty.

If you use a rebated frame, the hatch will close against a shoulder all the
way round - and you can use conventional self-adhesive foam strip on it.

As a retro-fit job, you can make a pseudo rebate by fitting some strips of
wood into the frame just above the hatch.

It is always a good idea to check on exactly what the OP wants/ has.

If it is one of those plackie thingies it is a piece of crap modernism
that wants cobbing.

If it can be repaired, that may suffice. I can't remember what might be
done with them. What I would head for is a replacement. For which check
on previous posts here.

To put wadding on an hinged door might require that the door be raised
on the hinge. It's a difficult call. Needless to say there is very
little to go on. The OP hardly speaks English.