Posted to alt.home.repair

Default $135 per foot?

CJT wrote:
Y-Town wrote:

I have seen in a number of different places that $135/sf is a good
ballpark cost figure to use for rough estimating on a remodeling job.
For example, I am adding a 1 story 8'x8' room to my house, so
8x8x135=$8,640 ballpark cost. Or, I am redoing a 10'x15' kitchen, so
10x15x135=$20,250.

My question is: Does this number include things like appliances, or is
it generally just construction materials and labor?

I'd wait a few months. With the housing market crashing, contractors
may soon be begging for work.

I think they already are. I saw a heating/ac truck going down my
street putting fliers in the mailboxes. Haven't seen that in a long
time.